Do you want to change the background of your WhatsApp chats to something more to your liking? Well, you’re in luck. The app allows you the flexibility to change the WhatsApp background wallpaper on both your iOS and Android devices.
Here we show how you do just that on your phone…
How to Change the WhatsApp Background for All Chats
WhatsApp lets you change backgrounds in two ways. You can either change the background for all your chats, or change the background for certain chats that you select.
To change the background for all chats, simply follow these steps:
- In WhatsApp, tap the three dots in the top-right corner and select Settings.
- Tap Chats.
- Select Wallpaper.
- Then, tap Change to change the current wallpaper.
- If you want to explore bright wallpapers, tap Bright. Similarly, select Dark to view the dark wallpapers you can use. You can choose Solid Colors to use a color as your background. Or, choose My Photos to use your own photo as the background.
- When the wallpaper appears full-screen, tap Set Wallpaper at the bottom to set it as the default background.
WhatsApp Wallpaper: How to Change the Background for a Specific Chat
You can also use a custom background for specific chats in WhatsApp.
Here’s how you do that:
- Launch WhatsApp and access the chat you want to change the wallpaper for.
- Tap the three-dots in the top-right corner and select Wallpaper.
- Choose the category you want to choose your new background from.
- Select a wallpaper and then tap Set Wallpaper at the bottom.
- Your selected image should now be the default background in your chosen WhatsApp chat.
How to Reset the Chat Background in WhatsApp
If you want to reset to the default background, you don’t need to download that default image on your phone.
WhatsApp lets you go back to the default wallpaper in a few easy taps, and here’s how you do that:
- Tap the three-dots in the top-right corner, and select Settings.
- Select Chats > Wallpaper.
- Tap Change.
- Choose Default Wallpaper at the bottom.
- Select Set Wallpaper.
You’re now back to the default WhatsApp background.
If you use Instagram, you can change Instagram’s chat appearance as well.
What Wallpapers Can You Use in WhatsApp?
You can use any wallpaper that is in one of the common image formats, looks clear, and is something you see as a good fit for your WhatsApp chat background.
Your background wallpaper should be available in your phone’s gallery if you want to use it in WhatsApp.
Where to Download WhatsApp Chat Wallpapers?
If you don’t have a good wallpaper with you, you can download one from the internet and use it on WhatsApp.
There are many sites that let you download royalty-free images. You can pick an image from one of these sites and use it as the background in your WhatsApp profile.
If you don’t want to search for an image, WhatsApp provides you with some stock images that you can use as the background. These images are available within the app and you don’t need to download them separately.
Personalizing Your WhatsApp Chats by Using a Custom Wallpaper
If you don’t like the default WhatsApp background, you don’t have to live with it. Using the methods outlined above, you can set pretty much any image as the background for your WhatsApp chats. It’s one way of personalizing this popular instant messaging app according to your taste.
WhatsApp offers more features than what most users know about. Digging a bit deeper helps you reveal these features and should help make your daily tasks with this app more convenient.
You might think you know everything about WhatsApp. However, like anything tech-related, there are always more tricks, tips, and features to learn about and use.
About The Author